Needham & Company Upgrades JAKKS Pacific (JAKK) to Buy
- Stocks Tank as QE Nears End, Major Fund Winds Down, and Ebola Fears
- Bank of America (BAC) CEO Moynihan Elected as Chairman
- Tesla Motors (TSLA) CEO Musk Plans to 'Unveil the D' Next Week
- Market Wrap: Private Employment Expands in Sept.; BofA CEO Becomes Chairman; U.S. Secret Service Director Resigns
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/01: (RLD) (DRL) (DTV) Higher; (WILN) (NLNK) (PLTA) Lower (more...)
Needham & Company upgraded JAKKS Pacific (NASDAQ: JAKK) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $10.00.
Analyst Sean McGowan comments, "We are raising our sales and EPS estimates for JAKK and raising our rating from Hold to Buy, based on our belief that the company's sales momentum is accelerating, leading to higher profit margins. The company's recently completed offering of $100mm in convertible notes does result in significant dilution, but it also strengthens JAKK's financial position. After accounting for our higher operating forecasts, net of the dilution, our EPS estimates are modestly higher for 2014, 2015 and 2016. We believe the stock could trade up to $10 over the next year, based on fairly conservatives valuation assumptions."
The firm raised FY 2014 EPS from $0.60 to $0.65 and FY 2015 EPS from $0.65 to $0.70.
Shares of JAKKS Pacific closed at $7.31 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Upgrades Tyson (TSN) to Neutral
- Deutsche Bank Upgrades DeVry (DV) to Buy
- Goldman Sachs Starts Tyco International (TYC) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!