Needham & Company Keeps Top Rating on Finisar (FNSR) Despite Q4 'Miss', Sell-Off
- Top 10 News for 9/15 - 9/19: Markets Welcome Alibaba IPO; New iPhone Sets Records; Fed Remains Accommodative
- Alibaba (BABA) IPO Lights Up Wall Street
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
- Telefónica S.A. (TEF), Vivendi (VIVHY) Agree to $9.3B Deal for Global Village Telecom
- Are Yahoo! (YHOO) Investors Ready to 'Sell the News'? Analyst Weighs In
Needham & Company analyst Alex Henderson reiterated a Strong Buy rating and $31 price target on Finisar (NASDAQ: FNSR) following its Q4 EPS miss and related 22% sell-off.
Henderson commented, "The Finisar release likely gave the bears all the ammunition they need to maul the bull camp, despite a continuing stronger than expected growth story. Management provided a detail-less conference call, leaving more questions unanswered than answered, and not much more was provided on the call back. While we are increasing our Revenue forecast, we are forced to sharply reduce our Gross Margin assumptions and as a result lower our EPS."
The firm cut FY 2015 EPS from $1.84 to $1.60 and FY 2016 EPS was set at $2.01.
Shares of Finisar closed at $25.25 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Upgrades VF Corp. (VFC) to Buy
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades CARBO Ceramics Inc. (CRR) to Sell
- Tempur-Pedic (TPX) PT Lifted to $75 at Piper Jaffray
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!