Needham & Company Keeps Top Rating on Finisar (FNSR) Despite Q4 'Miss', Sell-Off
- Top 10 News for 10/20 - 10/24: Apple Ramps on Results; Loeb Eyes Amgen; Advanced Technologies Exits Sapphire Game
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS; To Spin-Off Duracell
- Dallas Ebola Nurse Nina Pham now cured - NIH Says
- Ford Motor (F) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
- SodaStream (SODA) Confirms 'Small-Scale' PepsiCo (PEP) Test
Needham & Company analyst Alex Henderson reiterated a Strong Buy rating and $31 price target on Finisar (NASDAQ: FNSR) following its Q4 EPS miss and related 22% sell-off.
Henderson commented, "The Finisar release likely gave the bears all the ammunition they need to maul the bull camp, despite a continuing stronger than expected growth story. Management provided a detail-less conference call, leaving more questions unanswered than answered, and not much more was provided on the call back. While we are increasing our Revenue forecast, we are forced to sharply reduce our Gross Margin assumptions and as a result lower our EPS."
The firm cut FY 2015 EPS from $1.84 to $1.60 and FY 2016 EPS was set at $2.01.
Shares of Finisar closed at $25.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades KLA-Tencor (KLAC) to Neutral - Correct
- Piper Jaffray Slashes Estimates, PT on Juniper (JNPR) Following Q3 Results; Weakness Driven By Lower Carrier Spending
- ResMed (RMD) PT Lifted to $57 on Solid Q1
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!