Needham & Company Keeps Top Rating on Finisar (FNSR) Despite Q4 'Miss', Sell-Off
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/31: (IMPV) (GCAP) (GRPN) Higher; (AEGR) (ADNC) (RM) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) to Acquire Aviv REIT (AVIV) in $3B Deal
Needham & Company analyst Alex Henderson reiterated a Strong Buy rating and $31 price target on Finisar (NASDAQ: FNSR) following its Q4 EPS miss and related 22% sell-off.
Henderson commented, "The Finisar release likely gave the bears all the ammunition they need to maul the bull camp, despite a continuing stronger than expected growth story. Management provided a detail-less conference call, leaving more questions unanswered than answered, and not much more was provided on the call back. While we are increasing our Revenue forecast, we are forced to sharply reduce our Gross Margin assumptions and as a result lower our EPS."
The firm cut FY 2015 EPS from $1.84 to $1.60 and FY 2016 EPS was set at $2.01.
Shares of Finisar closed at $25.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- eHealth (EHTH) Rallies Post Earnings But BofA/Merrill Lynch is Cautious and Downwgrades to Underperform
- Iridium Communications (IRDM) PT Bumped to $10 at Macquarie
- Western Union (WU) PT Raised to $18 at Nomura Post Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!