Estimates Cut at JPMorgan (JPM) After 10-Q Cautious Commentary - Nomura
- Top 10 News for 9/15 - 9/19: Markets Welcome Alibaba IPO; New iPhone Sets Records; Fed Remains Accommodative
- Alibaba (BABA) IPO Lights Up Wall Street
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
- Telefónica S.A. (TEF), Vivendi (VIVHY) Agree to $9.3B Deal for Global Village Telecom
- Are Yahoo! (YHOO) Investors Ready to 'Sell the News'? Analyst Weighs In
Nomura Securities analyst Steven Chubak lowered estimates on JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM) after the company filed its 10-Q Friday, which showed cautious trading guidance. The firm maintained Neutral rating and $62 price target.
Chubak commented, "JPM published its 10-Q after Friday’s close, which included cautious outlook commentary for 2Q, as the revenue backdrop remains challenged, notably in Mortgage and FICC/Equities. We are lowering 2QE to $1.26 from $1.34 to reflect updated guidance, including: weaker-than-forecast trading revenue (-$0.05); negative operating leverage in CIB (-$0.02); and more pronounced declines in servicing fees (-$0.01). We expect JPM shares to underperform by ~125-150bps relative to the S&P Financials on Monday, consistent with the percentage decline in ’14E consensus that we envisage."
The firm maintained FY14E EPS at $5.19; FY15E EPS at $5.86.
Shares of JPMorgan closed at $55.58 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Upgrades VF Corp. (VFC) to Buy
- Goldman Sachs Remains 'Guarded' on Tesla (TSLA) Despite Progress; Analyst Says Company May Need Additional Capital
- Cantor Fitzgerald Starts Alibaba (BABA) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Standard & Poor's, Nomura
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!