Estimates Cut at JPMorgan (JPM) After 10-Q Cautious Commentary - Nomura
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Market Wrap: IBM Profits Miss Mark; eBay Loses Noted Director; Merger Monday is Back
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (ILMN) (HLX) (AAPL) Higher; (RNO) (KALU) (UCTT) (CMG) Lower (more...)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Tops Q3 EPS by 31c, Offers Guidance
- AbbVie (ABBV), Shire (SHPG) Terminate Merger Talks
Nomura Securities analyst Steven Chubak lowered estimates on JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM) after the company filed its 10-Q Friday, which showed cautious trading guidance. The firm maintained Neutral rating and $62 price target.
Chubak commented, "JPM published its 10-Q after Friday’s close, which included cautious outlook commentary for 2Q, as the revenue backdrop remains challenged, notably in Mortgage and FICC/Equities. We are lowering 2QE to $1.26 from $1.34 to reflect updated guidance, including: weaker-than-forecast trading revenue (-$0.05); negative operating leverage in CIB (-$0.02); and more pronounced declines in servicing fees (-$0.01). We expect JPM shares to underperform by ~125-150bps relative to the S&P Financials on Monday, consistent with the percentage decline in ’14E consensus that we envisage."
The firm maintained FY14E EPS at $5.19; FY15E EPS at $5.86.
Shares of JPMorgan closed at $55.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Upgrades Align Technology (ALGN) to Buy
- Credit Suisse Starts CONE Midstream Partners, LP (CNNX) at Outperform (Earlier)
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades PNC Financial (PNC) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Standard & Poor's, Nomura
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!