Edwards Lifesciences (EW): Not Throwing In The Towel - Leerink
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Danielle Attafly, reiterated her Outperform rating on of Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE: EW) understanding that shares are likely to trade down after a top-line miss.
The miss was driven by a ~$5M impact from lower sales in France related to the reimbursement cap. The analyst believes that investors are likely to focus on EW delivering in-line U.S. THV (Transcatheter Heart Valve) sales, which – while still up over ~55% y/y vs. ~60% growth YTD – did not deliver the dramatic upside investors were expecting following a mid-quarter indication expansion into intermediate risk.
Parsing through the numbers, the analyst believes fundamentals are unchanged and would recommend buying shares on any weakness. In her view, the total addressable market for TAVR is intact, and she continues to believe the global market will top $5B by 2021 with EW retaining a market-leading position. The lack of dramatic outperformance in 3Q16 could make investors rethink the ramp trajectory in the much-larger intermediate risk patients, with EW management noting that while center capacity is not an issue, driving referrals will take some time. The analyst thinks the strength of the Sapien 3 intermediate risk data supports significant adoption in line with the 80%+ penetration into intermediate risk that past MEDACorp physician conversations have suggested.
Although the miss is a clear disappointment, the analyst is not throwing in the towel on her Buy rating. No change to the price target of $130 which is based a ~37.5x P/E multiple to 2017E EPS of $3.45.
Shares of Edwards Lifesciences closed at $113.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Edwards Lifesciences (EW): Slower? Yes But For Longer - Jefferies
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Time (TIME): Stuck Until A Deal Is Announced - Wells Fargo
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst EPS Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!