vTv Therapeutics (VTVT): All Systems Go - HC Wainwright
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
H.C. Wainwright analyst, Corey Davis, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of vTv Therapeutics (NASDAQ: VTVT) on the belief that diabetes compounds' data should be determinant for stock.
In its 3Q16 earnings release, vTv confirmed that there are no changes to the anticipated clinical timeline of the azeliragon Phase 3 program or the Phase 2 data on '273 by year-end. Due to the inherent challenges for any new Alzheimer's drug, the analyst believes '273 and '399 deserve more focus in the near term. In August, '399 (a glucokinase activator [GKA]) demonstrated positive 6-month Phase 2b data in Type-2 diabetes, but there were few details released. Given the history of difficulties with this class of drug, the company has opted for a complete publication prior to revealing anything more. Although the compound should be ripe for partnering, it could be a tougher sell, given the magnitude of expense for Phase 3 and the required length of trials. Therefore, the publication needs to demonstrate a pristine profile before any would-be partner is likely to commit the necessary funding. The Phase 2 data from the oral GLP-1, '273, could be even more exciting as this class has been very well validated, as a target and commercially. Yet all five approved GLP-1 receptor agonists on the market are injectibles. The company expects the 3-month LOGRA trial to readout in December, and could hold very promising partnering potential assuming the efficacy data is positive and that it continues to show low rates of GI side effects.
Shares of vTv Therapeutics closed at $4.82 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- BMO Capital Remains Bullish on Duluth Holdings Inc. (DLTH) Following 3Q Report
- Argus Downgrades Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, H.C. Wainwright
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!