salesforce.com's (CRM) Q2 Miss Seen as "Perplexing' - Deutsche Bank
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Deutsche Bank maintained a Buy rating on salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) but trimmed its price target to $90.00 (from $95.00). The change follows weak Q2 results. Analyst Karl Keirstead said soft results were puzzling.
"The miss is perplexing, as we haven't picked up strong evidence of an end-of July slowdown from other tech firms and haven't heard of any material internal sales structure changes," said Keirstead.
The analyst added, "It also came suddenly (results were strong the last few quarters), suggesting that more secular and slow-to-play-out issues such as high market penetration are probably not the culprit. Also, the unbilled backlog growth (24% ex-DWRE) was normal, indicating no unusual change in bookings momentum. Absent a good explanation and knowing that Salesforce has overcome air pockets in the past, we're not panicking. However, we're lowering our FY17 billings growth estimate from 26% to 22%."
Shares of salesforce.com closed at $79.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Raised to $925 at Needham & Company
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!