salesforce.com (CRM) Q2 'Solid' Across the Board, Needham & Company Says
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Needham & Company analyst Michael Huang reiterated a Buy rating and $70 price target on salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) following a solid across-the-board quarter.
Huang commented, "Q2 was solid across the board, which suggests the health of fundamentals and secular trends. We’re encouraged by the double digit improvement in large deal activity, which likely reflects the credibility of the company’s industry vertical positioning and comprehensive platform strategy. Additionally, we’re intrigued by the prospects of another cloud offering which could be announced by year end (at Dreamforce in Oct 2014), which suggests another compelling growth driver that could layer onto the model longer term."
For FY15, management raised the midpoint of revenue guidance by $30 million, to $5.34-5.37 billion (vs. previous guidance of $5.30-5.34 billion vs. Street estimate of $5.29 billion).
The firm set a FY 2016 EPS estimate of $0.66.
Shares of salesforce.com closed at $55.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!