salesforce.com (CRM): Notes From Dreamforce - Jefferies
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, John DiFucci, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) after the Dreamforce conference where management maintained the LT growth/margin framework, and believes that $20B rev (likely by 2020) and 30% margins are achievable with its current portfolio. M&A may bolster growth but only through augmenting CRM submarkets or new market expansion. Margins should grow with scale, though has remained subdued. A Twitter acquisition remain uncertain.
CRM's two main criteria for M&A are if the company can fill/ augment a CRM submarket, or has the tech to expand into new markets. COO/President Keith Block explained that each integration involves a tradeoff between the premium placed on innovation vs. integration. While the massive live data feed from Twitter could help train CRM's data intelligence model (Einstein), CRM could accomplish this for much less than the $15-30B floated price tag.
No change to the price target of $80.
Shares of salesforce.com closed at $72.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Twitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!