salesforce.com (CRM): Customer Survey Shows Optimistic Spending Trend - Oppenheimer
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Brian Schwarz, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) after conducing a customer survey that showed optimism. Since 2012, the analyst has interviewed salesforce.com customers during Dreamforce week.
This year’s survey points to a more optimistic near-term customer spending environment than indicated in the 2015-2012 surveys. The analyst believes the noticeable increase in the survey trend-lines suggests few constraints are ahead for healthy installed-base spending trends for salesforce.com, which bodes well for a rebound in CRM’s business activity and F3Q results, including a potential reacceleration in quarterly billings growth; these are near-term stock catalysts given that improving business trends are not current Street expectations. Despite this positive datapoint, negative currency remains a headwind for quarterly results, and the survey sheds no light on new customer demand which accounts for ~40% of the business.
No change to the price target of $95.00
Shares of salesforce.com closed at $75.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $215 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!