eBay's (EBAY) Sale of MercadoLibre (MELI) Shares 'Makes Sense'; Slight Overhang Will Linger - Cowen
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Analyst Thomas Champion said,
The prospectus contained preliminary 3Q results that are mostly in line with our estimates.
The analyst continued,
MELI shares were indicating -6% in after hours trading and we expect this offering to be an overhang until the distribution is completed. However, the sale makes sense in our view given: (1) MELI shares have had a strong run of late, +60% YTD; and (2) at current prices, eBay could gross ~$1BN from the transaction (less post-tax) which could then be returned to shareholders via the buyback or used for other investment or M&A. eBay (EBAY, Market Perform, $31.50) shares were +2% after hours. We wrote about the possibility of an eBay sale in our initiation report this past April.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Insider Trades
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!