eBay's (EBAY) Sale of MercadoLibre (MELI) Shares 'Makes Sense'; Slight Overhang Will Linger - Cowen
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Analyst Thomas Champion said,
The prospectus contained preliminary 3Q results that are mostly in line with our estimates.
The analyst continued,
MELI shares were indicating -6% in after hours trading and we expect this offering to be an overhang until the distribution is completed. However, the sale makes sense in our view given: (1) MELI shares have had a strong run of late, +60% YTD; and (2) at current prices, eBay could gross ~$1BN from the transaction (less post-tax) which could then be returned to shareholders via the buyback or used for other investment or M&A. eBay (EBAY, Market Perform, $31.50) shares were +2% after hours. We wrote about the possibility of an eBay sale in our initiation report this past April.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Sees 27% Upside in MercadoLibre (MELI) and Raises Rating to 'Buy'
- New Bill Suggests GSE Reform is Forthcoming (FNMA) (FMCC)
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Insider Trades
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!