eBay (EBAY) Q2 Results 'Decent', Needham & Company Says
- Market Wrap: Job Additions Light in Feb.; McDonald's Plans Better Product Sourcing; Lumber Liquidators Chopped Again
- Etsy (ETSY) Files $100 Million IPO
- After-Hours Stock Movers 03/04: (RNDY) (PEIX) (PCYC) Higher; (SMTC) (VNDA) (ECA) Lower (more...)
- ADP Employment Change 212K vs 219K Expected
- McDonald's (MCD) Food Quality Improvements Seen as Important Part of Turnaround
Needham & Company analyst Kerry Rice reiterated a Hold on eBay (NASDAQ: EBAY) following 'decent' Q2 results although the company's ability to re-accelerate growth concerns us.
Rice commented, "eBay nearly met 2Q14 revenue expectations despite enduring a cyber-attack and changes to Google's search algorithm. We believe the performance highlights the company's solid core business and management's ability to execute. However, the ability to accelerate future growth remains a concern for us. Some Marketplace customers have not returned following the cyber-attack and those that have appear to be spending less. While management has embarked on marketing efforts to lift spending levels, we believe it could be a challenge. The additional marketing investments are also likely to limit margin expansion. While we believe eBay could post low to mid-teens growth, upside is likely limited."
Shares of eBay closed at $50.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Upgrades Best Buy (BBY) to Neutral
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades Veeva Systems (VEEV) to Hold
- INSYS Therapeutics (INSY) PT Lifted to $76 at Piper Jaffray
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!