eBay (EBAY): MELI Share Sale Increases Financial Flexibility - Baird
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Baird analyst, Colin Sebastian, reiterated his Outperform on eBay (NASDAQ: EBAY) noting that the MercadoLibre (NASDAQ: MELI) share sale offers the company increased financial flexibility. eBay is selling 5.5-6.3 million shares for ~$1-$1.2B pretax profit. This capital can be used to increase share buybacks, make strategic acquisitions, or expand more aggressively in Latin America under a new strategic agreement with MercadoLibre. Consequently, this a net positive for both eBay's international growth prospects as well as incremental capital returns to shareholders.
No change to the price target of $35.
Shares of eBay closed at $31.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baird Raises Price Target on Itron (ITRI) to $73 After Meeting with Management
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO): Another Beat And Raise - Drexel Hamilton
- Biogen (BIIB) PT Raised to $309 at Baird on Additional Sola Details
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!