eBay (EBAY): MELI Share Sale Increases Financial Flexibility - Baird
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Baird analyst, Colin Sebastian, reiterated his Outperform on eBay (NASDAQ: EBAY) noting that the MercadoLibre (NASDAQ: MELI) share sale offers the company increased financial flexibility. eBay is selling 5.5-6.3 million shares for ~$1-$1.2B pretax profit. This capital can be used to increase share buybacks, make strategic acquisitions, or expand more aggressively in Latin America under a new strategic agreement with MercadoLibre. Consequently, this a net positive for both eBay's international growth prospects as well as incremental capital returns to shareholders.
No change to the price target of $35.
Shares of eBay closed at $31.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baird's Colin Sebastian Reiterates Buying eBay (EBAY) On Weakness
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!