bluebird bio (BLUE) May Offer The Most Hope To Sickle Cell Patients...A Cure - Maxim
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Maxim Group analyst, Jason McCarthy, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of bluebird bio (NASDAQ: BLUE) after Mast Therapeutics' (NASDAQ: MSTX) phase III study (EPIC) of vepoloxamer failed to show efficacy over the placebo.
The analyst considered the problem of what could be done to treat the pain and determined that a cure (via gene therapy) may be the best method. Gene therapy with bluebird's LentiGlobin in just two patients has suggested that targeting the "source" of disease could potentially represent a "cure." The question now is how many patients represent proof of concept (POC), and would the sickle cell community adopt gene therapy? Answering the question will take more patients and more time but the analyst is expecting data from multiple patients at ASH in December.
No change to the price target of $85.
Shares of bluebird bio closed at $73.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesMaxim Group
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!