bluebird bio (BLUE) ASH Abstract Data Fairly Consistent With Previously Published Data - Leerink
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners analyst Michael Schmidt reiterated an Outperform rating and $80 price target on bluebird bio (NASDAQ: BLUE) saying the ASH abstract data was fairly consistent with previously published data.
Schmidt commented, " This morning, abstracts for the upcoming American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting were published, including 3 abstracts on BLUE's LentiGlobin gene therapy, which is in development for treatment of patients with transfusion-dependent beta-thalassemia (TDT) and severe sickle cell disease (SCD). Overall, the data looks relatively consistent to previously published results, last updated at the ASH 2015 conference. Patients with TDT and the nonβ0/β0 genotype who previously achieved transfusion-independence stayed transfusionfree with longer term follow-up, whereas 8 TDT patients with the β0/β0 genotype did not (but still benefiting by requiring less transfusions). Key remaining question is whether more recently treated non-β0/β0 patients with less follow-up also achieved transfusion independence, with full results expected at ASH. Patients with SCD did not seem to improve further with longer term follow-up, indicating the need to improve the therapy as highlighted at BLUE's recent R&D day. Maintaining OP rating "
Shares of bluebird bio closed at $46.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- Roth Capital Affirms Heat Biologics (HTBX) at 'Buy' Following HS-110 Combo Data
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!