Zoetis (ZTS): Bull Thesis Remains But Near Term Volatility Is Likely - Stifel
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stifel analyst, Jonathan Block, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Zoetis Inc. (NYSE: ZTS) and expects upside to EPS over the next 12-24 months. The analyst's “bull scenario” is $3.00 in 2018 EPS (versus the currently modeled $2.71E) should be driven by capital allocation, upside in companion animal revenue, and better than expected opex control.
In the immediate term, however, U.S. livestock will likely continue to be volatile and face a difficult comparison as well as some challenges in 3Q16, which include the prices of cattle and milk, and the absence of a competitive response to BI’s viral vaccine.
In short, there are near-term challenges but some of these headwinds are likely to abate in 4Q16 and into FY17.
No change to the price target of $58.
Shares of Zoetis Inc. closed at $52.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) PT Raised to $70 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- Jefferies Reiterastes Hold on McDonald's (MCD) Following 4Q Report
- CBS Corp. (CBS): Raising PT On Higher Retransmission Fees - Needham
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!