Yum! Brands (YUM): Earnings Preview - Wells Fargo
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Jeff Farmer, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Yum! Brands (NYSE: YUM) ahead of the company reporting 3Q16 earnings on 10/5 (AMC). The analyst expects investors to focus on:
1) KFC China’s ability to hold SSS momentum (3Q-to-date SSS were up low-double-digits) and color on SSS through the first few weeks of 4Q16 which began on 9/3
2) PH Casual Dining recovery in China
3) persistence of the 3Q-to-date improvement at Taco Bell (TB) despite the softening industry backdrop (in 2Q14, TB posted its first negative SSS since 1Q14)
On New Yum!, investors remain curious about G&A efficiencies, which based on the analyst's peer analysis, appears to be an area for potential improvement (YUM currently spends about $26,000 per average system store vs. $15,000-$22,000 at highly franchised peers).
The analyst cut 2016E EPS to $3.70 from $3.72 and 2017E to $4.17 from $4.20 to reflect FX pressures.
No change to the $85-$89 valuation range which equates to 12.0-12.5x 2017E EBITDA.
Shares of Yum! Brands closed at $89.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Microsemi (MSCC) Will Be 'Solid Target' Once Leverage is Lower, Says RBC
- Mizuho Securities Remains Sidelined on Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!