Yum! Brands (YUM): Earnings Preview - Wells Fargo
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Jeff Farmer, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Yum! Brands (NYSE: YUM) ahead of the company reporting 3Q16 earnings on 10/5 (AMC). The analyst expects investors to focus on:
1) KFC China’s ability to hold SSS momentum (3Q-to-date SSS were up low-double-digits) and color on SSS through the first few weeks of 4Q16 which began on 9/3
2) PH Casual Dining recovery in China
3) persistence of the 3Q-to-date improvement at Taco Bell (TB) despite the softening industry backdrop (in 2Q14, TB posted its first negative SSS since 1Q14)
On New Yum!, investors remain curious about G&A efficiencies, which based on the analyst's peer analysis, appears to be an area for potential improvement (YUM currently spends about $26,000 per average system store vs. $15,000-$22,000 at highly franchised peers).
The analyst cut 2016E EPS to $3.70 from $3.72 and 2017E to $4.17 from $4.20 to reflect FX pressures.
No change to the $85-$89 valuation range which equates to 12.0-12.5x 2017E EBITDA.
Shares of Yum! Brands closed at $89.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Koppers Inc. Announces Initial Results of Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation For Its 7.875% Senior Notes Due 2019
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!