Yum! Brands (YUM): Cutting Estimates Ahead Of The Split - RBC
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital analyst, David Palmer, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Yum! Brands (NYSE: YUM) as he looks forward to hearing about new initiatives at the company's investor day on 10/11.
Following the slight 2Q EPS miss, he reduced 2016 and 2017 EPS estimates from $3.68 and $4.18 to $3.65 (+15% YOY) and $4.14 (+13% YOY) based on lower SSS sales in China as it recovers from the South China Sea protests (4-5pp SSS headwind) offset by accelerating margin recapture and stable to improving momentum in the Taco Bell and KFC divisions.
New SSS forecasts are for 0%, 3%, -1% and 2% in 4Q16 for China, KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell respectively vs. our prior estimate of 2% across all divisions.
Despite the changes, the $97 price target remains based on a SOTP analysis, which yields a $64 value from the New Yum and a $33 value for Yum China.
Yum China is valued at 10x 2017 EV/EBITDA translating to a 21x P/E while the New Yum is valued at 14x 2017 EV/EBITDA, translating to 23x P/E.
No change to the price target of $97.
Shares of Yum! Brands closed at $87.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on T-Mobile (TMUS) to $55 Following 3Q Report
- Visa (V) PT Trimmed to $93 at Stifel With Initial 2017 Guidance a Touch Light
- Cynosure (CYNO) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Stifel Despite Solid Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!