Yelp (YELP) PT Raised to $42 at Mizuho on Fundamentals, M&A Prospects
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mizuho Securities analyst Neil Doshi reiterated a Buy rating and boosted his price target on Yelp (NYSE: YELP) to $42.00 (from $40.00) given the strength in the firm's RAMP analysis, as well as Yelp's likelihood of being a potential M&A prospect.
"Given Yelp’s ranking in our RAMP analysis, and the potential for an acquisition, we are increasing our PT from $40 to $42 as we increase our EV/EBITDA multiple from 18x to 19.5x," the analyst said.
"While Yelp was formally for sale in 2015, we believe that stability in the business, improved mobile user growth, and new local ad products should help drive improved revenue growth," he said. "Furthermore, Yelp is the dominant category leader in local advertising, and has one of the most recognized brands on the Internet for local business reviews and searches. We believe that Apple would not be a possible acquirer but it could do deeper integrations with Yelp and Apple’s iOS. Google could buy Yelp and integrate its reviews into local-based queries and maps, and can drive additional advertising synergies."
Shares of Yelp closed at $36.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Yelp (YELP): 2 New Profit Drivers Could Drive Substantial Upside - Macquarie
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!