Yelp (YELP) Gains as Analyst Says Share Conversion Makes Takeover 'Easier', 'More Likely'
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St stumbles as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - September 26, 2016 10:19 AM EDT)
Yelp (NYSE: YELP) is up 1.4% early Monday after Cantor Fitzgerald Youssef Squali suggested the conversion of Class B super-voting shares into regular Class A makes the company "an easier, and more likely take-out target."
Squali notes that previously, with B shares having 10x the voting rights of A shares, B shares holders controlled over 50% of the aggregate voting power. Now those same holders control less than 10% of the vote.
The analyst highlighted Facebook (NASDAQ: FB), Priceline (NASDAQ: PCLN), TripAdvisor (NASDAQ: TRIP) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) as potential acquirers. The analyst said ill will between Alphabet (Google) (NASDAQ: GOOGL) and Yelp, developed over the years, is unlikely to lead to a transaction between the two.
The analyst said the stock may be worth $53/share in a deal, using the sale of LinkedIn as a proxy. This suggests a 34% premium from current levels.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Memorial Production Partners (MEMP) Said to Weigh Options, Including Bankruptcy
- UPDATE: Citron Research Long Restoration Hardware (RH); Sees 'Pretty Decent' Price Points
- UPDATE: FTC said to reject Sherwin-Williams' (SHW) acquisition of Valspar Corp. (VAL) - NY Post
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCantor Fitzgerald
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!