Yahoo! (YHOO): Not Worth The Risk - Baird
- Global stocks sag as bond 'bloodbath' shows no sign of letting up
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Baird analyst, Bob Peck, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of Yahoo! (NASDAQ: YHOO). Investors are focusing on the expected close of the core sale in the next few months, but many are wondering what happens next. The analyst thinks there are several potential steps, including: returning cash; selling Y!J; monetizing IP & other assets; and lastly a tax efficient process for Yahoo's stake in Alibaba. All of these may happen and appear to create a compelling risk / reward, but the analyst thinks there is risk & complexity which weighs on near term upside.
The analyst sees a maximum upside of $54 per share, or ~25%. Downside is $41 per share making it seem to be a compelling risk / reward. However, when adjusted for deal risk and the potential time value of all deals, the analyst thinks the risk / reward is less attractive. He sees the best case scenario taking 2 years for the time to completion making the potential returns decline to 12% and at 3 years, it's a more modest 8%.
No change to the price target of $42.
Shares of Yahoo! closed at $42.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on W.R. Grace & Co. (GRA); Reiterates Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Exelon Corp. (EXC) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!