Wunderlich Cuts Cisco (CSCO) to Hold; Analyst Sees More Value in Compressed Areas
- Top 10 News for 2/8 - 2/12: Banks Crushed Amid Global Concerns; Tesla Ramps on Outlook; SEC Targets Boeing
- Republicans gear up for Supreme Court battle after Scalia's death
- Wall Street rallies; S&P 500 snaps five-day losing streak
- Loeb's Third Point LLC 13F Shows New Stake Axalta (AXTA), Morgan Stanley (MS), Liquidates T-Mobile (TMUS), Lowers eBay (EBAY) ...
- Intercept Pharma (ICPT) Said to Explore Sale Following Interest
Wunderlich Securities downgraded Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $24.00 (from $25.00). Analyst Matthew S. Robison said he sees more value in other tech stocks that have fallen.
"We see more opportunity in recent valuation compression among small cap/ growth stocks in networking than the implied haven of the Cisco (CSCO) market cap, but our downgrade is more than a trading call. We came away from industry interviews in recent weeks with the view that the market has less interest in the Cisco product suite than in past transitions. We see the range of alternatives for network automation/software defined networking (SDN), network function virtualization (NFV), and cloud services as dilutive to the Cisco installed base upgrade opportunity. We have trimmed our forecast moderately and with the adjustment we have reduced our 12-month target to $24 from $25. Because we view Cisco shares to be close to fully valued, we are downgrading to Hold from
Buy," said Robison.
Shares of Cisco closed at $22.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Summit Research Cuts Price Target on CyberArk Software (CYBR) Following Mixed Guidance
- Needham & Company Raised Price Target on Cray (CRAY) Following Strong 4Q Results
- Incyte (INCY): Tumor Removal Drives Estimate Cut - UBS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesWunderlich Securities
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!