Workday (WDAY): Reiterating Hold After Annual Conference - Needham
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Scott Berg, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Workday (NYSE: WDAY) after speaking with roughly two dozen partners and customers at the company's annual conference, Rising. The analyst believes Financials lag expectations, limiting near-term billings upside relative to its high valuation.
Key takeaways include:
1) Slightly more favorable HCM demand trends in the large enterprise
2) Partners remain cautious on Financials traction as feedback was mixed on larger customers' current lack of willingness to adopt any Cloud financials platform
3)The show was light on new product roadmap announcements, but we really like the new analytics vision
4) We believe the formal release of the new Student platform can drive incremental bookings and the new Planning module could be the driver that accelerates Financials sales
5) Infrastructure changes should expand GMs.
The analyst does not have a published price target for the company.
Shares of Workday closed at $89.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oclaro (OCLR): Preannouncement Positive And Margin Leverage Means More To Come - Needham
- Cree (CREE) PT Raised to $23 at Canaccord Genuity
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Moog (MOG-A) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!