Workday (WDAY): Good 2Q But Not Enough For Upgrade - Needham
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Scott Berg, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Workday (NYSE: WDAY) after 2Q17 results were largely in line with the analyst's expectations of a nominal billings beat.
However, outperformance remains on the lower end of historical ranges in terms of both absolute dollars and percentage beat. The company reported its largest HCM deal in several quarters and improved Financials deal flow. Even with the improvement, the analyst believes Financials growth lags overall pipeline growth. But commentary suggests this could accelerate further in 2H.
The analyst remains on the sidelines as he seeks higher levels of billings outperformance or faster growth in Financials to support incremental multiple expansion from its current valuation of 7x EV/FY17 revenues.
Needham does not have an active price target on WDAY.
Shares of Workday closed at $79.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC): Raising PT to $86 - Needham
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Earnings
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!