Workday (WDAY): Good 2Q But Not Enough For Upgrade - Needham
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Scott Berg, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Workday (NYSE: WDAY) after 2Q17 results were largely in line with the analyst's expectations of a nominal billings beat.
However, outperformance remains on the lower end of historical ranges in terms of both absolute dollars and percentage beat. The company reported its largest HCM deal in several quarters and improved Financials deal flow. Even with the improvement, the analyst believes Financials growth lags overall pipeline growth. But commentary suggests this could accelerate further in 2H.
The analyst remains on the sidelines as he seeks higher levels of billings outperformance or faster growth in Financials to support incremental multiple expansion from its current valuation of 7x EV/FY17 revenues.
Needham does not have an active price target on WDAY.
Shares of Workday closed at $79.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/02: (NVCN) (FIVE) (ULTA) Higher; (CVM) (WDAY) (AMBA) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Earnings
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!