Wolfe Research Upgrades Chico's, Inc. (CHS) to Outperform (Earlier)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wolfe Research upgraded Chico's, Inc. (NYSE: CHS) from Peerperform to Outperform with a price target of $16.00, saying promos suggest merchandise margin upside.
Analyst Adrienne Yih commented, "We are upgrading to Outperform from Peer Perform based on 1) expectation for positive inventory and GMROI inflection in 3Q16, 2) cost reduction efforts to bolster margin expansion in the absence of top-line growth, and 3) evidence from our proprietary promotional checks that both Chico’s and White House Black Market have “Flat” to “Better” promos YoY, suggesting merchandise margin expansion. CHS’ margin expansion roadmap is predicated on drivers under its control with modest top-line growth. Comps may still be negative as management focuses on quality of sale."
Shares of Chico's, Inc. closed at $13.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!