Wolfe Research Upgrades Chico's, Inc. (CHS) to Outperform (Earlier)
- Health, tech stocks extend Wall Street record-setting rally
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wolfe Research upgraded Chico's, Inc. (NYSE: CHS) from Peerperform to Outperform with a price target of $16.00, saying promos suggest merchandise margin upside.
Analyst Adrienne Yih commented, "We are upgrading to Outperform from Peer Perform based on 1) expectation for positive inventory and GMROI inflection in 3Q16, 2) cost reduction efforts to bolster margin expansion in the absence of top-line growth, and 3) evidence from our proprietary promotional checks that both Chico’s and White House Black Market have “Flat” to “Better” promos YoY, suggesting merchandise margin expansion. CHS’ margin expansion roadmap is predicated on drivers under its control with modest top-line growth. Comps may still be negative as management focuses on quality of sale."
Shares of Chico's, Inc. closed at $13.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades CVR Refining (CVRR) to Outperform; Most Exposed to RINs
- UBS Raises Price Target on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) to $29
- Allergen (AGN) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!