William Blair Upgrades Microsoft (MSFT) to Outperform
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
William Blair upgraded Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) from Market Perform to Outperform.
Analyst Jason Ader commented, "We are upgrading the shares of Microsoft to Outperform from Market Perform following another strong print. Our rationale is based on increasing confidence in Microsoft's long-term position in the cloud, which we believe will fuel IT wallet share gain for Microsoft in coming years. Looking back on our initiation report from July 18, 2016, we believe we underestimated both the net impact of cloud revenue growth on the overall business and the cloud gross margin trajectory. Our field checks indicate that Microsoft is increasingly seen as a trusted partner who will help enterprise customers transition to the cloud, and we are still in the early innings of that transition. On valuation, we believe investors will continue to re-rate Microsoft's multiple higher (current multiple of 15 times enterprise-value-to- free-cash-flow on fiscal 2018), given accelerating top-line growth and a stable to improving margin profile (driven mainly by improvements in cloud margins)."
Shares of Microsoft closed at $57.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- Rosenblatt Upgrades Autodesk (ADSK) to Neutral
- Instinet Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesWilliam Blair
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!