William Blair Reiterates Outperform on Cisco Systems (CSCO) Following Solid 4Q Results
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
William Blair reiterated an Outperform rating on Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO) following the company's 4Q earnings report. CSCO reported a $67 million revenue beat compared to consensus. EPS beat estimates by $0.03. Strength in the quarter was led by security, data center switching, collaboration, wireless, and services, and partly offset by declines in routing and data center.
Analyst Jason Ader commented, "Cisco delivered a solid fiscal fourth quarter in a volatile macro environment, topping the Street on top and bottom lines, but guidance was disappointing— $191 million below consensus on revenue and $0.01 below consensus on non-GAAP EPS. The main culprit was a slowdown in orders in service provider and emerging markets, which had rebounded recently but have now reverted to year-over-year declines. We suspect the 7% workforce reduction announced on the call is in part due to a diminished demand outlook, though we recognize that it is also part of CEO Chuck Robbins’ plan to shift resources to areas of the business with better relative growth prospects."
Shares of Cisco closed at $30.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- BMO Capital Remains Sidelined on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q EPS Miss
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades AZZ Inc. (AZZ) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesWilliam Blair, Layoffs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!