William Blair Affirms Oracle (ORCL) at 'Market Perform' Following 'Miss-and-Lower' Quarter; Updates Ests
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
William Blair affirms Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) at Market Perform following Q1 results reported on Thursday night.
The firm commented today,
Oracle delivered a downbeat fiscal first quarter, missing revenue consensus by $102 million (inclusive of 1% currency headwind), while non-GAAP EPS consensus missed by $0.03 (which management attributed to a combination of a higher tax rate, higher interest expense, and a stronger dollar). Oracle guided second-quarter revenue below consensus by roughly $200 million, although SaaS/PaaS revenue is expected to grow 78% to 82% (ahead of the Street consensus of 76% growth at the midpoint). Midpoint non-GAAP EPS were guided $0.04 below the Street, though management again attributed much of this to higher interest expense (from the new debt issue) and a higher-than-expected tax rate. Management also reiterated its expectation that non-GAAP operating margin should rise in fiscal 2017 over fiscal 2016 (this will not be easy after the first-half margin performance).
- Second quarter (fiscal second quarter 2017)
- Revenue: $9,067 million (up 1% year-over-year)
- Non-GAAP EPS: $0.61 (down 4% year-over-year)
- Fiscal year 2017
- Revenue: $37,235 million (about flat year-over-year)
- Non-GAAP EPS: $2.61 (about flat year-over-year)
- Fiscal year 2018
- Revenue: $37,735 million (up 1% year-over-year)
- Non-GAAP EPS: $2.77 (up 6% year-over-year)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Remains Sidelined on Oracle (ORCL) Following Analyst Event
- Jefferies Increases Estimates on A.O. Smith (AOS) - PT to $111
- Glaukos Corporation (GKOS): Durable Efficacy Data in iStent Study - Cantor
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesWilliam Blair
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!