William Blair Affirms Oracle (ORCL) at 'Market Perform' Following 'Miss-and-Lower' Quarter; Updates Ests
- Wall Street drops as investors brace for presidential debate
- Disney (DIS) Working with Adviser on Potential Twitter (TWTR) Bid - Bloomberg
- Rice Energy (RICE) Acquires Vantage Energy in $2.7B Deal; FY16 Outlook Updated
- Kite Pharma (KITE) Announces Positive Topline Data from KTE-C19 ZUMA-1 Study in Aggressive NHL
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/26: (KITE) (SNX) (ARRY) Higher; (SXL) (NAT) (RICE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
William Blair affirms Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) at Market Perform following Q1 results reported on Thursday night.
The firm commented today,
Oracle delivered a downbeat fiscal first quarter, missing revenue consensus by $102 million (inclusive of 1% currency headwind), while non-GAAP EPS consensus missed by $0.03 (which management attributed to a combination of a higher tax rate, higher interest expense, and a stronger dollar). Oracle guided second-quarter revenue below consensus by roughly $200 million, although SaaS/PaaS revenue is expected to grow 78% to 82% (ahead of the Street consensus of 76% growth at the midpoint). Midpoint non-GAAP EPS were guided $0.04 below the Street, though management again attributed much of this to higher interest expense (from the new debt issue) and a higher-than-expected tax rate. Management also reiterated its expectation that non-GAAP operating margin should rise in fiscal 2017 over fiscal 2016 (this will not be easy after the first-half margin performance).
- Second quarter (fiscal second quarter 2017)
- Revenue: $9,067 million (up 1% year-over-year)
- Non-GAAP EPS: $0.61 (down 4% year-over-year)
- Fiscal year 2017
- Revenue: $37,235 million (about flat year-over-year)
- Non-GAAP EPS: $2.61 (about flat year-over-year)
- Fiscal year 2018
- Revenue: $37,735 million (up 1% year-over-year)
- Non-GAAP EPS: $2.77 (up 6% year-over-year)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oracle (ORCL): Amazon AWS Is Now In The Crosshairs - Drexel Hamilton
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Kraft Heinz (KHC) After Adjusting Estimates
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Host Hotels (HST) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesWilliam Blair
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!