William Blair Affirms Oracle (ORCL) at 'Market Perform' Following 'Miss-and-Lower' Quarter; Updates Ests
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
William Blair affirms Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) at Market Perform following Q1 results reported on Thursday night.
The firm commented today,
Oracle delivered a downbeat fiscal first quarter, missing revenue consensus by $102 million (inclusive of 1% currency headwind), while non-GAAP EPS consensus missed by $0.03 (which management attributed to a combination of a higher tax rate, higher interest expense, and a stronger dollar). Oracle guided second-quarter revenue below consensus by roughly $200 million, although SaaS/PaaS revenue is expected to grow 78% to 82% (ahead of the Street consensus of 76% growth at the midpoint). Midpoint non-GAAP EPS were guided $0.04 below the Street, though management again attributed much of this to higher interest expense (from the new debt issue) and a higher-than-expected tax rate. Management also reiterated its expectation that non-GAAP operating margin should rise in fiscal 2017 over fiscal 2016 (this will not be easy after the first-half margin performance).
- Second quarter (fiscal second quarter 2017)
- Revenue: $9,067 million (up 1% year-over-year)
- Non-GAAP EPS: $0.61 (down 4% year-over-year)
- Fiscal year 2017
- Revenue: $37,235 million (about flat year-over-year)
- Non-GAAP EPS: $2.61 (about flat year-over-year)
- Fiscal year 2018
- Revenue: $37,735 million (up 1% year-over-year)
- Non-GAAP EPS: $2.77 (up 6% year-over-year)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Visa (V) PT Trimmed to $93 at Stifel With Initial 2017 Guidance a Touch Light
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesWilliam Blair
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!