Why Teva Pharma (TEVA) Should Settle With Novartis - Leerink
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Jason Gerberry, reiterated his Outperform rating on Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) and cut the price target to $61 from $66. After losing an IPR decision on two Copaxone 40mg anchor patents, the analyst believes TEVA’s share price implies a generic entrant sometime in 2H17. In order to mitigate EPS downside in 2017-18 and eliminate business uncertainty, he believes the most prudent course of action is for TEVA to settle with the most credible generic threat Novartis AG (NYSE: NVS) for market entry in 1Q’18.
The Copaxone 40mg brand has five very similar method-of-use patents covering its 40mg formulation to treat relapsingremitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) with three subcutaneous (Copaxone 40mg) injections over seven days. On 8/24, the Patent Trial and Review Board’s (PTAB) invalidated two of the Copaxone patents subject to inter partes review (IPR) proceeding, US patent #8,232,250 & #8,399,413, on grounds those patents were obvious in view of prior art disclosures. A decision on US patent #8,969,302, which has very similar subject matter as '250/'413, is expected on or before 9/1.
Shares of Teva Pharma closed at $50.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Cuts Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Neutral Amid Challenging Generic Environment
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PEI) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!