Why Teva Pharma (TEVA) Should Settle With Novartis - Leerink
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Wall Street set to open flat after record day
- Oil rallies over $50 despite OPEC output cut doubts
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Jason Gerberry, reiterated his Outperform rating on Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) and cut the price target to $61 from $66. After losing an IPR decision on two Copaxone 40mg anchor patents, the analyst believes TEVA’s share price implies a generic entrant sometime in 2H17. In order to mitigate EPS downside in 2017-18 and eliminate business uncertainty, he believes the most prudent course of action is for TEVA to settle with the most credible generic threat Novartis AG (NYSE: NVS) for market entry in 1Q’18.
The Copaxone 40mg brand has five very similar method-of-use patents covering its 40mg formulation to treat relapsingremitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) with three subcutaneous (Copaxone 40mg) injections over seven days. On 8/24, the Patent Trial and Review Board’s (PTAB) invalidated two of the Copaxone patents subject to inter partes review (IPR) proceeding, US patent #8,232,250 & #8,399,413, on grounds those patents were obvious in view of prior art disclosures. A decision on US patent #8,969,302, which has very similar subject matter as '250/'413, is expected on or before 9/1.
Shares of Teva Pharma closed at $50.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teva to Present at the Citi 2016 Global Healthcare Conference
- Jefferies Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades Fitbit (FIT) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!