Whiting Petroleum (WLL) PT Raised to $17 at KLR Group
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
KLR Group analyst Gail Nicholson reiterated a Buy rating and raised its price target on Whiting Petroleum (NYSE: WLL) to $17.00 (from $14.00) due to a 5%+ improvement in capital productivity and a ~2% increase in our '17 production forecast partly offset by a ~5% reduction in our '19 forward capex assumption.
The firm is increasing 4Q/16 production estimate ~2% to ~116.9 MBoepd (driven by better Williston well performance), which is at the high end of company guide (113-117.4 MBoepd) and equates to relatively flat production (normalizing for North Ward Estes divestiture) q/q.
Nicholson commented, "Whiting offers exposure to the Williston Basin and Niobrara at a significant discount vs. its oil-dominant peer group (90%+ upside vs. the group median of ~50%). The stock trades at ~5.6x '17 EV/EBITDA, well below the oil peer median of ~8.2x, although does have less growth ('16-'18 growth CAGR of ~1% vs. oil-dominant median of ~15%) and its '18 capital yield of ~110% (up from ~100% previously) is below the group median of ~125%. In our opinion the stock offers investors beta to a further commodity price recovery with potential incremental upside from the implementation of higher proppant loadings in the Williston and/or further acceleration of its drilling tempo. The potential monetization of its Williston processing plants could further enhance the company's liquidity position allowing Whiting to increase drilling activity (we estimate the monetization of the plants could yield $240-$300 million of potential proceeds)."
Shares of Whiting Petroleum closed at $8.82 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Hartford Financial (HIG) to $55
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!