What Drove Netflix (NFLX) After Hours Rally - RBC
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst, Mark Mahaney, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) and raised the price target to $150 from $130 after posting very strong Q3 EPS results with particular strength in sub growth. Original Content appears to be bolstering the brand globally.
Revenue of $2.29B was slightly above Street estimates, while GAAP EPS of $0.12 handily beat Streetexpectations of $0.04. What drove the 20% after-market rally though was the subscriber beat and raise: Domestic Q3 Adds of 370K (vs. Street’s 309K), Intl Q3 Adds of 3.2MM (vs. Street’s 2.0MM), Q4 Domestic Adds guidance of 1.45MM (vs. Street’s 1.27MM) and Q4 Intl Adds Guidance of 3.75MM (vs. Street’s 3.3MM).
This is essentially low expectations combined with a nice beat.
Shares of Netflix closed at $99.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Mark Mahaney
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!