What Drove Netflix (NFLX) After Hours Rally - RBC
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital analyst, Mark Mahaney, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) and raised the price target to $150 from $130 after posting very strong Q3 EPS results with particular strength in sub growth. Original Content appears to be bolstering the brand globally.
Revenue of $2.29B was slightly above Street estimates, while GAAP EPS of $0.12 handily beat Streetexpectations of $0.04. What drove the 20% after-market rally though was the subscriber beat and raise: Domestic Q3 Adds of 370K (vs. Street’s 309K), Intl Q3 Adds of 3.2MM (vs. Street’s 2.0MM), Q4 Domestic Adds guidance of 1.45MM (vs. Street’s 1.27MM) and Q4 Intl Adds Guidance of 3.75MM (vs. Street’s 3.3MM).
This is essentially low expectations combined with a nice beat.
Shares of Netflix closed at $99.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
- UBS Raises Price Target on Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Following Analyst Meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Mark Mahaney
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!