What Drove Netflix (NFLX) After Hours Rally - RBC
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst, Mark Mahaney, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) and raised the price target to $150 from $130 after posting very strong Q3 EPS results with particular strength in sub growth. Original Content appears to be bolstering the brand globally.
Revenue of $2.29B was slightly above Street estimates, while GAAP EPS of $0.12 handily beat Streetexpectations of $0.04. What drove the 20% after-market rally though was the subscriber beat and raise: Domestic Q3 Adds of 370K (vs. Street’s 309K), Intl Q3 Adds of 3.2MM (vs. Street’s 2.0MM), Q4 Domestic Adds guidance of 1.45MM (vs. Street’s 1.27MM) and Q4 Intl Adds Guidance of 3.75MM (vs. Street’s 3.3MM).
This is essentially low expectations combined with a nice beat.
Shares of Netflix closed at $99.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
- JPMorgan Cuts Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Neutral Amid Challenging Generic Environment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Mark Mahaney
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!