Western Digital (WDC) is Barclays' New Top Pick in IT Hardware (STX)
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) is modestly higher Thursday after Barclays named the stock its new IT Hardware Top Pick, replacing Apple. The firm also raised its price target on WDC to $71.00 (from $61.00) and reiterated an Overweight rating.
"We are again raising our forecasts for what could be a series of upward revisions as a result of both market and company-specific factors over the next 6-12 months, analyst Mark Moskowitz said. "From a market perspective, PC, server and storage dynamics are better than feared. As a result, we are raising estimates for WD as well as Seagate. From a company perspective, WD is rapidly retiring/refinancing its large debt burden and greater-than-expected margin upside could be on display at the Analyst Day on December 6."
The firm also raised its price target on Seagate (NYSE: STX) to $40 from $36.
Shares of Western Digital Corp. closed at $58.01 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zions Bancorp (ZION) PT Raised to $45 at Barclays Following Q4 2016 Report
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
- Baird Upgrades Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!