Western Digital (WDC) is Barclays' New Top Pick in IT Hardware (STX)
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) is modestly higher Thursday after Barclays named the stock its new IT Hardware Top Pick, replacing Apple. The firm also raised its price target on WDC to $71.00 (from $61.00) and reiterated an Overweight rating.
"We are again raising our forecasts for what could be a series of upward revisions as a result of both market and company-specific factors over the next 6-12 months, analyst Mark Moskowitz said. "From a market perspective, PC, server and storage dynamics are better than feared. As a result, we are raising estimates for WD as well as Seagate. From a company perspective, WD is rapidly retiring/refinancing its large debt burden and greater-than-expected margin upside could be on display at the Analyst Day on December 6."
The firm also raised its price target on Seagate (NYSE: STX) to $40 from $36.
Shares of Western Digital Corp. closed at $58.01 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Western Digital (WDC) to $75; Reiterates Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Texas Instruments (TXN) Following 3Q Report
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!