Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $60 at RBC Capital Following Raised Outlook
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani reiterated an Outperform rating and boosted his price target on Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) to $60.00 (from $56.00) after the company pre-announced better than expected Q1 results.
Daryanani commented, "WDC positively pre-announced Sept-qtr results with upside to both revenues and EPS vs. its initial guide. WDC expects Sept-qtr results to be ~$4.45-4.55B/$1.00-1.05 (~15c EPS upside vs. its guide). Much of the upside appears to be gross margin driven (~100bps upside) coupled with benefits from lower interest expense that is partially offset by higher-than-planned OPEX. We are raising our forward estimates higher to reflect the Sept-qtr upside and lower interest expense from the recent debt refi that company did. Fundamentally, we think WDC should see revenue/EPS ahead of expectations in H2:16 and possibly in H1:17 given the confluence of strong HDD fundamentals coupled with a supply-constrained NAND environment, in our opinion. We further see EPS upside getting amplified from sustained deleverage and lower tax rate as well. Maintain OP and adjusting our target to $60."
Shares of Western Digital Corp. closed at $47.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!