Western Digital (WDC): SanDisk License Created Slight Headwind - Mizuho
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Mizuho Securities analyst, Vijay Rakesh, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) ahead of the SNDK license renewal in August. NAND pricing remains stable which, combined with seasonal HDD trends into 2H16, positions WDC well. WDC has lowered financing costs by ~$100M/yr with the recent refinancing, and continues to have the on-going $75M/qtr of synergies which should be a tailwind.
After retiring $3B of outstanding debt (announced on the JunQ earnings call) WDC recently announced a $3B term loan refinance at rates 175 bps lower, saving an annual $100M in interest payments. It also announced another $750M debt retirement. While WDCs average cost of debt exiting JunQ was ~5.6%, this refinancing, a significantly better balance sheet and a successful deal close open the doors for further accretive refinancing of ~$8B of debt (exSr Loans due 2019).
Licensing rates have been coming down with every license renewal. Considering how fundamental the NAND patent is to the way memory is stored, the royalties should not go away rates should come down. The analyst estimates JunQ (half-quarter) royalties at ~$46M, so that assuming ~30% cut, a full quarter of licensing should be ~$60M, with the cut partially offset by accretive financing and cost synergies (~$75M/qtr).
but cut his price target to $54 (from $56).
Shares of Western Digital Corp. closed at $45.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Western Digital (WDC) to $75; Reiterates Buy
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS); Reiterates Outperform
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!