Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): Is A Dividend Coming? - Jefferies
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Casey Haire, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Western Alliance Bancorporation (NYSE: WAL) and wonders if a dividend is coming since M&A is off the table.
The company has a strong capital ratio (9.1% TCE), robust organic capital generation (17% tangible ROE) and with M&A activity unlikely, the analyst believes WAL has the capacity to implement a dividend. An analysis shows that implementing a 10%-20% dividend payout ratio would provide some yield (0.8%-1.6%) and still enable WAL to build upon already strong capital ratios. If management opts to hoard capital, then WAL will possess a large capital buffer into the next credit cycle.
No change to the price target of $42.
Shares of Western Alliance Bancorporation closed at $36.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Entergy (ETR) to $72 Following Announced PPA Termination
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $42
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!