Wells Fargo's (WFC) Price Target Lowered to $50 at Deutsche Bank
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank maintain a Buy rating on Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC) but trimmed its price target to $50.00 (from $59.00). The lower multiple reflects recent events surroundings WFC’s sales tactics and potential ongoing risks.
"WFC stock is down 8%, underperforming the BKX by ~670bps since details surrounding WFC’s sales tactics came to light. We discuss five bull and bear arguments on the stock. It’s tough to argue for much upside in the near term. However, over the next year, issues should subside and WFC’s attractive valuation should be more relevant. Based on the analysis starting on page 2, we see 5-12% relative upside. This may not seem like much given perceived headline and other downside risks, but it’s also within an overall bank group that seems about fairly valued," said analyst Matt O-Connor.
Shares of Wells Fargo closed at $45.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo (WFC) Said to Face U.S. DOJ Sanction Over Improper Seizing of Soldiers' Cars
- UPDATE: Brean Capital Assumes Alder Biopharm (ALDR) at Buy
- Global Blood Therapeutics' (GBT) GBT440 Has Potential for Peak Sales of $2.7B, Says Wells Fargo; Analyst Initiates Coverage at 'Outperform'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!