Wells Fargo Upgrades ViaSat (VSAT) to Outperform
- OPEC Maintains Oil Production Target
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 11/28: (OPRN) (VRNG) (VGGL) Higher; (EXXI) (GDP) (LPI) Lower
- Oil Stocks Hammered as OPEC Maintains Production Target, Airlines Gain (XOM) (BP) (LUV) (HAL)
- Apple (AAPL) Weaker as iPhone Chip Orders Said to Be Slowing Down
- Thanksgiving Online Sales Up 20.1%, ChannelAdvisor Says (AMZN) (EBAY)
Wells Fargo upgraded ViaSat (NASDAQ: VSAT) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $70-$74 (from $65-$69).
Analyst Andrew Spinola said, "Viasat is one of the best positioned companies in satellite broadband, we think, but the business can be lumpy and sentiment on the stock swings greatly. Following disappointing sub adds last quarter and the low expectations heading into FQ4 results next Tuesday, we believe NT expectations for the business have been adequately reset. Sentiment on the stock was frothy heading into the Loral verdict, touching $75 on March 25, but has reversed since the announcement on April 24 despite Viasat prevailing."
"Sentiment and a lumpy business can create attractive buying opportunities in stocks, and we view this as one of those times for VSAT. The LT story driven by consumer and commercial aviation broadband, innovation in secure Ka-band communications, and substantial operating leverage off a large fixed cost base continues to be bright. We model an EBITDA CAGR of 23% through F18 and think the stock is very attractive at just 9x our F16E EBITDA (year-ending March 2016). Our new valuation range is $70-74, up from $65-69, which is 10-10.5x F16E EBITDA plus $2 for the Loral Verdict," he added.
Shares of ViaSat closed at $58.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Downgrades 21Vianet (VNET) to Hold
- Nimble Storage (NMBL) Top Rating Reiterated at Raymond James on Strong Q3, PT Trimmed to $33
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Upgrades DreamWorks Animation (DWA) to Overweight; Risk Skewed to Upside, Says Analyst
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!