Wells Fargo Starts Dave & Buster's (PLAY) at Outperform
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 12, 2016 7:33 AM EDT)
Wells Fargo initiated coverage on Dave & Buster's (NASDAQ: PLAY) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $46-$49. Analyst Jeff Farmer anticipates growth, and he pointed out the company's discount to peers.
"We expect PLAY's valuation discount to the growth restaurant peer group to narrow as: (1) the company continues to deliver some of the highest quality unit growth in the sector & (2) SSS steadily improve as PLAY moves past the peak SSS pressure driven by the confluence of competitive encroachment, cannibalization and energy industry exposure headwinds," said Farmer.
The analyst added, "We expect PLAY to deliver multiple expansion in coming quarters as (1) the company continues to deliver some of the highest quality unit growth in the sector (as measured cash-oncash return, margin performance, and upward EPS revision) and (2) same-store sales (SSS) steadily improve from the 1.0% F2Q16 performance as PLAY moves past the peak SSS pressure, driven by the confluence of competitive encroachment, cannibalization, and energy industry exposure headwinds. Our 2016E and 2017E EPS estimates are $1.94 and $2.27, respectively."
Shares of Dave & Buster's closed at $39.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- UBS Downgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Neutral
- FBR Capital Reiterates Market Perfrm on Wells Fargo (WFC) Following 4Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!