Wells Fargo Starts Dave & Buster's (PLAY) at Outperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 12, 2016 7:33 AM EDT)
Wells Fargo initiated coverage on Dave & Buster's (NASDAQ: PLAY) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $46-$49. Analyst Jeff Farmer anticipates growth, and he pointed out the company's discount to peers.
"We expect PLAY's valuation discount to the growth restaurant peer group to narrow as: (1) the company continues to deliver some of the highest quality unit growth in the sector & (2) SSS steadily improve as PLAY moves past the peak SSS pressure driven by the confluence of competitive encroachment, cannibalization and energy industry exposure headwinds," said Farmer.
The analyst added, "We expect PLAY to deliver multiple expansion in coming quarters as (1) the company continues to deliver some of the highest quality unit growth in the sector (as measured cash-oncash return, margin performance, and upward EPS revision) and (2) same-store sales (SSS) steadily improve from the 1.0% F2Q16 performance as PLAY moves past the peak SSS pressure, driven by the confluence of competitive encroachment, cannibalization, and energy industry exposure headwinds. Our 2016E and 2017E EPS estimates are $1.94 and $2.27, respectively."
Shares of Dave & Buster's closed at $39.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Paycom Software (PAYC) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!