Wells Fargo Starts Dave & Buster's (PLAY) at Outperform
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 12, 2016 7:33 AM EDT)
Wells Fargo initiated coverage on Dave & Buster's (NASDAQ: PLAY) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $46-$49. Analyst Jeff Farmer anticipates growth, and he pointed out the company's discount to peers.
"We expect PLAY's valuation discount to the growth restaurant peer group to narrow as: (1) the company continues to deliver some of the highest quality unit growth in the sector & (2) SSS steadily improve as PLAY moves past the peak SSS pressure driven by the confluence of competitive encroachment, cannibalization and energy industry exposure headwinds," said Farmer.
The analyst added, "We expect PLAY to deliver multiple expansion in coming quarters as (1) the company continues to deliver some of the highest quality unit growth in the sector (as measured cash-oncash return, margin performance, and upward EPS revision) and (2) same-store sales (SSS) steadily improve from the 1.0% F2Q16 performance as PLAY moves past the peak SSS pressure, driven by the confluence of competitive encroachment, cannibalization, and energy industry exposure headwinds. Our 2016E and 2017E EPS estimates are $1.94 and $2.27, respectively."
Shares of Dave & Buster's closed at $39.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!