Wells Fargo Raises Valuation Range, Not Rating on Time Warner (TWX) Following Latest AT&T Speculation
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst Marci Ryvicker raised her valuation range on Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) to $82-87 from $75-80 on recent speculation AT&T (NYSE: T) is interested in acquiring the company. The analyst is not convinced about a deal and maintained a Market Perform ratng.
Ryvicker commented, "Look, we've always said that if there's a library to buy, it's Warner Brothers. So it's no surprise that TWX keeps popping up as a "takeover" focus with CNN suggesting this past May that AAPL has taken a look and now Bloomberg outright stating that "Sr. executives at T and TWX have met in recent weeks to discuss various business strategies incl. a possible merger." (None of the cos. mentioned have commented). To be honest, we're in a tough spot. Candidly, we have already missed this one, with TWX +23% YTD as of YESTERDAY's (10/19) close vs. the S&P +5%. But with this kind of run and a multiple ABOVE DIS (10x NTM EBITDA vs. 9.4x, respectively), it would be really tough for us to upgrade now - esp. since this is just speculation and as you just read, does not necessarily equate to a deal. That said, we do think there is now a floor under this stock; thus we raise our valuation to $82-87 from $75-80. An actual transaction could provide additional potential upside, but we don't think one is imminent. Hence, we remain Market Perform."
Shares of Time Warner closed at $82.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: AT&T (T) Thinks Time Warner (TWX) Deal Has Good Chance After Talking to Trump's Team - FT
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Rumors
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Wells Fargo, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!