Wells Fargo Affirms Eros Int'l (EROS) at 'Market Perform' Following $30M Equity Raise
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Wells Fargo affirms Eros International (NYSE: EROS) at Market Perform with a valuation range of $14 - $16 after the company announced that two existing top ten institutional shareholders of the Company have increased their holdings in Eros. The Company raised approximately $30 million through a private placement, the proceeds of which will be primarily used to fund further expansion of Eros Now, the Company’s OTT platform.
The firm commented,
We really don't know the rationale behind the private placement, vs. a public debt raise or equity issuance. The press release is light on details, but we can only conclude two likely scenarios for the private placement: 1) the institutional holders wanted a larger stake in EROS, or specifically ErosNow, to participate more in the upside while also collecting a nice fee; or 2) the company needed the capital and didn't want to approach the debt markets - but we would point out that management seemed confident on prior earnings calls that the company was well-positioned to self-fund ErosNow investments. It could also be a combination of these factors, as EROS is only slightly FCF positive at the moment (partially due to withholding content sales for a quarter) and a private capital raise may have made sense for both the company and shareholders who would like a bigger piece of EROS - especially since there is a limited float of the stock.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
- Materion Corp. (MTRN) to Acquire Certain Materials Business Assets from Heraeus Group
- Trading Radar for 12/6: AutoZone (AZO), Francesca's (FRAN), Toll Bros (TOL), Michaels Cos. (MIK) Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!