Wells Fargo (WFC): Culture Now A Handicap Rather Than An Asset - UBS
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Brennan Hawken, reiterated his Sell rating on shares of Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC) and cut the PT to $44 as Wells' sales culture is called into question.
The analyst stated "Wells' sales culture has been held out as a differentiated and value creating approach by both management and investors, with above industry deposit growth shown as evidence. However, after the recent regulatory inquiry and settlement, we believe revenue growth could slow as Wells shifts to new metrics and employees push crossselling less aggressively. Further, as we have seen with other SIFIs, we believe there is a risk of incremental compliance expenses from this high profile stumble. While the extent of these headwinds is yet to be seen (see below), we continue to view consensus estimates for 2017 as too high".
The new price target of $44.00 is down from $45.00.
Shares of Wells Fargo closed at $46.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Guggenheim Cuts Price Target on Michaels Cos. (MIK) to $30; Reiterates Buy
- KLR Group Raise Price Target on Oasis Petroleum (OAS) to $22; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Short Sales
Related EntitiesUBS, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!