Wedbush Views Centene's (CNC) Trades Off as Buying Opportunity; Reiterates Outperform
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Wedbush reiterated an Outperform rating and $85.00 price target on Centene (NYSE: CNC) as shares traded down 5% following a competitor downgrade. Wedbush sees the sell off as a buying opportunity and believes that there could be a near term positive catalyst from the resolution of CA PPO price increases and benefit design changes.
Analyst Sarah James commented, "We view the sell off as overdone and believe the stock is likely to recover as management is in front of investors at conferences this week. CNC traded down 5% v. SPX +0.3% following a competitor downgrade. We disagree with key points in the rational and view the sell-off as a buying opportunity for a high quality growth stock."
Shares of Centene closed at $65.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Centene (CNC) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS, Offers Guidance
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Coca Cola (KO) to $46 Following 3Q; Reaffirmed Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRaising Prices
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!