Wedbush Starts Regions Financial (RF) at Outperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Wedbush initiates coverage on Regions Financial (NYSE: RF) with a Outperform rating and a price target of $12.00.
Analyst Peter Winter commented, "RF trades at one of the lowest valuations in our bank group at only 11.6x our 2017E P/E multiple vs. the regional bank peer median at 12.2x. RF has several initiatives under way to generate positive operating leverage and if successful, we believe RF should close the valuation gap. Management is focused on growing and diversifying its revenue base, and is putting increased focus on the expense side to overcome a more challenging macro environment vs. the start of the year. Any increase in rates will add additional earnings leverage as RF is one of the most asset sensitive banks in our group."
Shares of Regions Financial closed at $10.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!