Wedbush Starts Prosperity Bancshares (PB) at Neutral
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wedbush initiates coverage on Prosperity Bancshares (NYSE: PB) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $54.00.
Analyst Peter Winter commented, "Prosperity has been a serial acquirer for the past two decades, which has been a successful strategy as the company has generated an EPS CAGR of 13% since 2000. More recently, the company completed 9 deals since 2012, adding $10.2 billion in assets and more than doubling its size to $21.8 billion. The company has achieved critical mass in order to cope with the higher cost structure under Dodd-Frank. However, we believe future deals must be larger in size in order to move the needle on earnings. Additionally, there is a dearth of larger-sized acquisition opportunities in the markets the company serves, and its organic growth track record has been lower than that of peers."
Shares of Prosperity Bancshares closed at $55.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!