Wedbush Starts Prosperity Bancshares (PB) at Neutral
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush initiates coverage on Prosperity Bancshares (NYSE: PB) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $54.00.
Analyst Peter Winter commented, "Prosperity has been a serial acquirer for the past two decades, which has been a successful strategy as the company has generated an EPS CAGR of 13% since 2000. More recently, the company completed 9 deals since 2012, adding $10.2 billion in assets and more than doubling its size to $21.8 billion. The company has achieved critical mass in order to cope with the higher cost structure under Dodd-Frank. However, we believe future deals must be larger in size in order to move the needle on earnings. Additionally, there is a dearth of larger-sized acquisition opportunities in the markets the company serves, and its organic growth track record has been lower than that of peers."
Shares of Prosperity Bancshares closed at $55.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- Rodman & Renshaw Starts Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!