Wedbush Starts Prosperity Bancshares (PB) at Neutral
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wedbush initiates coverage on Prosperity Bancshares (NYSE: PB) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $54.00.
Analyst Peter Winter commented, "Prosperity has been a serial acquirer for the past two decades, which has been a successful strategy as the company has generated an EPS CAGR of 13% since 2000. More recently, the company completed 9 deals since 2012, adding $10.2 billion in assets and more than doubling its size to $21.8 billion. The company has achieved critical mass in order to cope with the higher cost structure under Dodd-Frank. However, we believe future deals must be larger in size in order to move the needle on earnings. Additionally, there is a dearth of larger-sized acquisition opportunities in the markets the company serves, and its organic growth track record has been lower than that of peers."
Shares of Prosperity Bancshares closed at $55.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Tabula Rasa Healthcare (TRHC) at Buy
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Needham & Company Reiterates Hold Ahead of Viavi Solutions' (VIAV) 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!