Wedbush Starts M&T Bank (MTB) at Neutral
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wedbush initiates coverage on M&T Bank (NYSE: MTB) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $117.00.
Analyst Peter Winter commented, "We believe MTB is fairly valued as it’s trading at a 15% premium to its regional bank peers. In our view, MTB deserves the premium given its low-risk balance sheet and above-average profitability metrics. However, further multiple expansion could be challenging given some near-term earnings headwinds from the conversion of its latest acquisition Hudson City (HCBK) from a thrift into a commercial bank. Longer term we believe this will be a very good acquisition as it significantly strengthens MTB’s presence in the high-growth metro NYC/NJ area."
Shares of M&T Bank closed at $118.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Wex, Inc. (WEX) Following 3Q Report
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Vocera Communications, Inc. (VCRA) to $22
- Nomura Securities Upgrades Evercore Partners (EVR) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!