Wedbush Starts M&T Bank (MTB) at Neutral
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush initiates coverage on M&T Bank (NYSE: MTB) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $117.00.
Analyst Peter Winter commented, "We believe MTB is fairly valued as it’s trading at a 15% premium to its regional bank peers. In our view, MTB deserves the premium given its low-risk balance sheet and above-average profitability metrics. However, further multiple expansion could be challenging given some near-term earnings headwinds from the conversion of its latest acquisition Hudson City (HCBK) from a thrift into a commercial bank. Longer term we believe this will be a very good acquisition as it significantly strengthens MTB’s presence in the high-growth metro NYC/NJ area."
Shares of M&T Bank closed at $118.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $215 at Oppenheimer
- BTIG Starts Mitek Systems (MITK) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!