Wedbush Starts M&T Bank (MTB) at Neutral
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush initiates coverage on M&T Bank (NYSE: MTB) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $117.00.
Analyst Peter Winter commented, "We believe MTB is fairly valued as it’s trading at a 15% premium to its regional bank peers. In our view, MTB deserves the premium given its low-risk balance sheet and above-average profitability metrics. However, further multiple expansion could be challenging given some near-term earnings headwinds from the conversion of its latest acquisition Hudson City (HCBK) from a thrift into a commercial bank. Longer term we believe this will be a very good acquisition as it significantly strengthens MTB’s presence in the high-growth metro NYC/NJ area."
Shares of M&T Bank closed at $118.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Western Digital (WDC) to $75; Reiterates Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Boot Barn Holdings (BOOT) to $15
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!