Wedbush Starts Ascendis Pharma (ASND) at Outperform
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush initiates coverage on Ascendis Pharma (NASDAQ: ASND) with a Outperform rating and a price target of $34.00.
Analyst Liana Moussatos commented, "We believe Ascendis' TransCon technology platform creates unique sustained-release (SR) prodrug candidates that reduce treatment burden and regulatory hurdles while retaining composition-of-matter IP. Weekly-dosed TransCon human Growth Hormone (hGH) is the lead candidate in Phase 3 after achieving a best-in-class profile in Phase 2."
She added, "We believe the TransCon platform creates best-in-class candidates and can be applied to many approved drugs. Unlike other sustained-release technologies, TransCon can convert small molecules, peptides and proteins into prodrugs, then release the unmodified approved parent drug for days to months while retaining its approved profile. Less frequent dosing reduces patient burden and the improved compliance also improves real-world efficacy. By qualifying for the FDA 505(b)(2) and EMA bioequivalence pathways clinical and regulatory risks are reduced in our view. In addition, the prodrug is a new chemical entity (NCE) and provides strong intellectual property including composition of matter."
They expect TransCon hGH to be a market leader, a > $1BN market opportunity.
Shares of Ascendis Pharma closed at $19.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts GCP Applied Technologies (GCP) at Buy
- Benchmark Starts Ameron International (AMN) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesLiana Moussatos
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!