Wedbush Starts Ascendis Pharma (ASND) at Outperform
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush initiates coverage on Ascendis Pharma (NASDAQ: ASND) with a Outperform rating and a price target of $34.00.
Analyst Liana Moussatos commented, "We believe Ascendis' TransCon technology platform creates unique sustained-release (SR) prodrug candidates that reduce treatment burden and regulatory hurdles while retaining composition-of-matter IP. Weekly-dosed TransCon human Growth Hormone (hGH) is the lead candidate in Phase 3 after achieving a best-in-class profile in Phase 2."
She added, "We believe the TransCon platform creates best-in-class candidates and can be applied to many approved drugs. Unlike other sustained-release technologies, TransCon can convert small molecules, peptides and proteins into prodrugs, then release the unmodified approved parent drug for days to months while retaining its approved profile. Less frequent dosing reduces patient burden and the improved compliance also improves real-world efficacy. By qualifying for the FDA 505(b)(2) and EMA bioequivalence pathways clinical and regulatory risks are reduced in our view. In addition, the prodrug is a new chemical entity (NCE) and provides strong intellectual property including composition of matter."
They expect TransCon hGH to be a market leader, a > $1BN market opportunity.
Shares of Ascendis Pharma closed at $19.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): What The Bears Are Missing - Needham
- Microsemi (MSCC): Improving Fundamentals and Cash Flow Warrant Higher Multiple - Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesLiana Moussatos
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!