Wedbush Remains Sidelined as Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Updates Guidance
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wedbush reiterated a Neutral rating and $4.00 price target on Pier 1 Imports (NYSE: PIR) as the company updates 3Q guidance. PIR now expects F3Q results at the top end of its guidance range for comps, net sales, merchandise margin, and EPS.
Analyst Seth Basham commented, "Last night, PIR updated F3Q (ending November 26) guidance based on quarter-to-date trends and expectations for the remaining three weeks. PIR now expects F3Q results at the top end of its guidance range for comps, net sales, merchandise margin, and EPS; this range had been introduced following a weak F2Q and coincided with a reduction in FY16 guidance on September 28. This update suggests that F2Q may have marked a near-term bottom as marketing-led initiatives to stabilize traffic and comps may be paying off. That said, an intense competitive environment, soft category demand and a further shift of category sales online during the all-important holiday season pose headwinds. These factors, combined with a management team in transition and now higher expectations add risk to the outlook, leaving us NEUTRAL on PIR."
Shares of Pier 1 Imports closed at $5.27 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Allergen (AGN) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Credit Suisse
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!