Wedbush Remains Bullish on AutoZone (AZO) Following 4Q Report
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush reiterated an Outperform rating and $870.00 price target on AutoZone (NYSE: AZO) following the company's 4Q earnings report. AZO reported domestic comps of 1.0%, below consensus 2.0% but roughly in line with buy side expectations.
Analyst Seth Basham commented, "AZO delivered a quarter largely in line with buy side expectations. While slowing commercial sales growth at AZO and increased online consumer activity bear watching, these issues take a back seat to other industry drivers near-term. Hangover effects from a mild winter have depressed industry sales in recent months, but AZO’s sequential improvement in comp trends each month of its quarter suggests this pressure is subsiding. Improving trends and expected more normal winter weather ahead bodes favorably for AZO and peers. That, coupled with continued progress on inventory availability and sourcing initiatives provide visibility for continued double-digit EPS growth at AZO, leading us to maintain our OUTPERFORM rating."
Shares of AutoZone closed at $748.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $81; Reiterates Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!