Wedbush Remains Bullish on AutoZone (AZO) Following 4Q Report
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Wedbush reiterated an Outperform rating and $870.00 price target on AutoZone (NYSE: AZO) following the company's 4Q earnings report. AZO reported domestic comps of 1.0%, below consensus 2.0% but roughly in line with buy side expectations.
Analyst Seth Basham commented, "AZO delivered a quarter largely in line with buy side expectations. While slowing commercial sales growth at AZO and increased online consumer activity bear watching, these issues take a back seat to other industry drivers near-term. Hangover effects from a mild winter have depressed industry sales in recent months, but AZO’s sequential improvement in comp trends each month of its quarter suggests this pressure is subsiding. Improving trends and expected more normal winter weather ahead bodes favorably for AZO and peers. That, coupled with continued progress on inventory availability and sourcing initiatives provide visibility for continued double-digit EPS growth at AZO, leading us to maintain our OUTPERFORM rating."
Shares of AutoZone closed at $748.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- FBR Capital Reiterates Market Perfrm on Wells Fargo (WFC) Following 4Q Miss
- Baird Cuts Price Target on GameStop (GME) Following Holiday Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!