Wedbush Remains Bullish on Amazon.com (AMZN) Following 3Q
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Wedbush reiterated an Outperform rating and $900.00 price target on Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) following the company's 3Q earnings report. Revenue was $32.71 billion vs. the consensus of $32.69 billion, and guidance of $31.0 – 33.5 billion. EPS was $0.52 vs. the consensus of $0.78. 2016 EPS estimate were reduced to $5.06 from $6.00 prior, and operating income to $1.26 billion from $1.45 billion, to reflect Q3 results.
Analyst Michael Pachter commented, "Despite disappointing earnings and guidance, Amazon is still delivering substantial earnings growth. While the outlook for FY:16 has been tempered, the company’s outsized earnings beats in 1H:16 and still meaningful y-o-y EPS growth in Q3 are a signal that Amazon remains focused on growing profits despite the quarterly variability. Amazon Web Services’ (“AWS”) gross and operating margins have grown as revenues continue to ramp, the mix of Fulfillment by Amazon (“FBA”) and AWS is likely to drive further gross margin expansion, and Prime membership growth has continued unabated. We expect the monthly Prime subscription offering to bolster the number of Prime customers seasonally, particularly around the holidays, and although gross margin expansion is being offset by its increased video content spending, the trajectory is clear and investment strategy purposeful."
Shares of Amazon.com closed at $818.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Following Analyst Day
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!