Wedbush Remains Bullish on Advance Auto Parts (AAP) Following Solid 3Q
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Wedbush maintained an Outperform rating and $175.00 price target on Advance Auto Parts (NYSE: AAP) following the company's 3Q earnings report. EPS was reported at $1.73, ahead of the consensus estimate of $1.71. Operating margins of 9.7% were in line with consensus.
Analyst Seth Basham commented, "AAP delivered the elements necessary to jump start this story. Results for 3Q16 beat expectations, the company pointed to positive comps and higher operating margins in 2017 and set a five year target for 500+ bps higher operating margins and mid-single-digit comps; combined with sharp working capital improvements to help fuel share repurchases, that points to an estimated ~$17 in EPS in 2021. Massive ($500m, ~5% of sales) of projected gross productivity improvements provide a foundation for much higher margins, while a focused strategy—underpinned by a customer-obsessed culture—should drive comps. Led by CEO Tom Greco, we believe this new management team is highly capable of executing this strategy. As improvement builds, we believe AAP shares should outperform."
Shares of Advance Auto Parts closed at $142.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- BWS Financial Cuts Price Target on Sigma Designs (SIGM) to $5.00
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!