Wedbush Reiterates Outperform, $17 PT on Catabasis (CATB) on Sarepta Collaboration
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush analyst Heather Behanna reiterated an Outperform rating and $17 price target on Catabasis (NASDAQ: CATB) after the company and Sarepta (NASDAQ: SRPT) announced a joint research collaboration to investigate combination treatment for DMD.
Behanna commented, "For the collaboration, Sarepta will provide its exon-skipping technology and Catabasis will provide its NF-kB inhibitor, CAT-1004, towards exploring the effects of a joint treatment approach for treating DMD using a preclinical mouse model. As a reminder, CAT-1004 has potential to work in all DMD boys, as NF-kB inhibition may decrease overall inflammation of muscle and improve outcomes, similar to what is observed with current steroid treatment; we would expect the mechanism of the two therapies to be complimentary."
Beyond an anti-inflammatory effect, CAT-1004 may directly help dystrophin production, Behanna said. "A recent publication demonstrated that in in vivo models, inhibition of NF-kB resulted in the downregulation of microRNAs shown to decrease dystrophin production; this effect was also observed in vitro in samples taken from Becker muscular dystrophy patients (Cell Rep. 2015 September 8; 12(10): 1678--1690). Therefore, we believe an NF-kB inhibitor in combination with an exon-skipping treatment which leads to dystrophin production could have an additive effect in increasing dystrophin production and improving outcomes in DMD patients."
Shares of Catabasis closed at $4.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- UBS Raises Price Target on Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Following Analyst Meeting
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on TEGNA (TGNA) Following Investor Conference
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!