Wedbush Reiterates Outperform, $17 PT on Catabasis (CATB) on Sarepta Collaboration
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wedbush analyst Heather Behanna reiterated an Outperform rating and $17 price target on Catabasis (NASDAQ: CATB) after the company and Sarepta (NASDAQ: SRPT) announced a joint research collaboration to investigate combination treatment for DMD.
Behanna commented, "For the collaboration, Sarepta will provide its exon-skipping technology and Catabasis will provide its NF-kB inhibitor, CAT-1004, towards exploring the effects of a joint treatment approach for treating DMD using a preclinical mouse model. As a reminder, CAT-1004 has potential to work in all DMD boys, as NF-kB inhibition may decrease overall inflammation of muscle and improve outcomes, similar to what is observed with current steroid treatment; we would expect the mechanism of the two therapies to be complimentary."
Beyond an anti-inflammatory effect, CAT-1004 may directly help dystrophin production, Behanna said. "A recent publication demonstrated that in in vivo models, inhibition of NF-kB resulted in the downregulation of microRNAs shown to decrease dystrophin production; this effect was also observed in vitro in samples taken from Becker muscular dystrophy patients (Cell Rep. 2015 September 8; 12(10): 1678--1690). Therefore, we believe an NF-kB inhibitor in combination with an exon-skipping treatment which leads to dystrophin production could have an additive effect in increasing dystrophin production and improving outcomes in DMD patients."
Shares of Catabasis closed at $4.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cantor Fitzgerald Defends Corbus Pharmaceuticals (CRBP) Following Short Report
- Mylan (MYL) Gains on Generic Concerta Approval
- UBS Cuts Price Target on V.F. Corp. (VFC) to $59; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!