Wedbush Reiterates Outperform, $17 PT on Catabasis (CATB) on Sarepta Collaboration
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wedbush analyst Heather Behanna reiterated an Outperform rating and $17 price target on Catabasis (NASDAQ: CATB) after the company and Sarepta (NASDAQ: SRPT) announced a joint research collaboration to investigate combination treatment for DMD.
Behanna commented, "For the collaboration, Sarepta will provide its exon-skipping technology and Catabasis will provide its NF-kB inhibitor, CAT-1004, towards exploring the effects of a joint treatment approach for treating DMD using a preclinical mouse model. As a reminder, CAT-1004 has potential to work in all DMD boys, as NF-kB inhibition may decrease overall inflammation of muscle and improve outcomes, similar to what is observed with current steroid treatment; we would expect the mechanism of the two therapies to be complimentary."
Beyond an anti-inflammatory effect, CAT-1004 may directly help dystrophin production, Behanna said. "A recent publication demonstrated that in in vivo models, inhibition of NF-kB resulted in the downregulation of microRNAs shown to decrease dystrophin production; this effect was also observed in vitro in samples taken from Becker muscular dystrophy patients (Cell Rep. 2015 September 8; 12(10): 1678--1690). Therefore, we believe an NF-kB inhibitor in combination with an exon-skipping treatment which leads to dystrophin production could have an additive effect in increasing dystrophin production and improving outcomes in DMD patients."
Shares of Catabasis closed at $4.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Catabasis Pharma (CATB) Edasalonexent Phase 1 Data Published for DMD in the Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Rockwell Collins (COL) at Hold
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts TransDigm (TDG) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!